The Importance of Wellness Visits for Your Senior Cat
Find food that fits your pet’s needs
Find a dog food that fits your pet’s needs
Find a cat food that fits your pet’s needs
Your senior cat could be hiding something. Specifically, yours could be hiding an illness right now and you'd never even know it.
This is a vital reason why veterinary visits for senior cats should never be overlooked. In fact, it's advised to increase your veterinary visits as your cat ages. Doing so is the best way to prevent any major health issues, and to help aid in your cat's longevity.
Here are other reasons why frequent veterinary visits are so important for senior cats:
- Cat owners may fail to notice subtle changes in their senior cats and the importance of recognizing them
- Health changes can occur quickly in senior cats
- Several medical conditions start to develop in cats once they reach middle age
- Cats, especially in their senior years, are prone to underlying conditions while appearing fine physically
- Early detection of conditions typically results in easier management, improved quality of life and less veterinary costs
- Frequency of behavior problems in cats increases with age – a recent study* found 28% of pet cats aged 11-14 develop at least one behavior problem
*American Association of Feline Practitioners – Senior Care Guidelines, Dec. 2008